NEWS:Message from member Kim Adams:
- I’m playing a sailor in ‘Anything Goes’ at LPAC (the university theatre on the Brayford). The show is a comedy musical based on a story by PG Wodehouse and songs by Cole Porter and runs from Monday 2nd to Saturday 7th June, 7.30pm each evening plus a Saturday matinee, with tickets from £10. The cast of 30 includes a night-club singer, a gangster and his moll, an English Lord, a troupe of dancing girls, plus sailors and passengers, all crossing the Atlantic on the SS American. Book on http://www.lpac.co.uk or 0845 177 1778
LAODS has been presenting musical shows in Lincoln since the year 1901 and has won awards for recent shows such as Oklahoma and The Producers – a great evening out is guarantee.
- Please support your club by using it more often and through inviting your friends and colleagues to join perhaps using the free monthly pass system. We rely all too heavily on those who use the Club regularly.
- Why not try the food? It is very good and at a most reasonable price. The last two specials nights have been very well supported and our caterers will continue to put these on frequently.
- Our next Music Night this Saturday 31st features “Pat Martin” who is a vocalist and a comedian. Why not give him a try?
- Watch out for details of a BBQ in the next few weeks.
- In order to encourage the increased interest in snooker, please note that your Committee has decided to make it free; to be reviewed at the end of August.
SOCIAL EVENTS: Dates for your Diary:
THIS Saturday 31st May – “Pat Martin” – vocalist/comedian.
NEXT Thursday 5th June – Quiz, hosted by Annette. The Lucky Seven Jackpot stands at £70.
MENUS: Booking recommended but not essential. Vegetarian options.
Friday 30th May: Fish and Chips, garden or mushy peas or Fish Pie £6-50. Choice of desserts £3-50. Both courses £9.
Sunday 1st June: Roast Turkey with all the trimmings £8-50. Choice of desserts £3-50. Both courses £11.
Wednesday 4th June: Cottage Pie Choice of desserts £3-50. Both courses £9.
REGULAR NOTICES: 1. Please save your 10p pieces to add to the charity fundraising pile on the bar. 2. If you know members who have email, please encourage them to sign up for the free Newsletter if they haven’t already done so. We have over 275 subscribers and there could be several more with broadband out of the total 345+ membership.
GUEST ALES: “Abbot’s Ale “ (abv5.0) sponsored by Emily Wivell, “Bombardier” (4,5)sponsored by Ted Milnes, and Cathedral Heights “Steep Hill,” sponsored by George Berzins. If you wish to sponsor an ale of your choice please speak to Laurence.
This week’s offering:
A husband went to the police station to file a “missing person” report for his missing wife:
Husband :-I lost my wife, she went shopping & hasn’t come back yet.
Inspector :-What is her height?
Husband :-I never checked.
Inspector :-Slim or healthy?.
Husband :-Not slim, can be healthy.
Inspector :-Color of eyes?
Husband :-Never noticed.
Inspector :-Color of hair?
Husband :-Changes according to season.
Inspector :-What was she wearing?
Husband :-Not sure whether it was a dress or a suit.
Inspector :-Was she driving?
Inspector :-color of the car? . . . . .
Husband :-black Audi A8 with supercharged 3.0 litre V6 engine generating 333 horse power teamed with an eight-speed tiptronic automatic transmission with manual mode. And it has full LED headlights, which use light emitting diodes for all light functions and has a very thin scratch on the front left door………………….and then the husband started crying…
Inspector:-Don’t worry sir,…..We will find your car.