Castle Hill Club (tel 525791) Newsletter 21/04/16
Dining bookings see changes below, under the “Regular Notices” section.
- The Annual General Meeting of the members will be on Tuesday 3rd May starting at 8.00pm. Please make every effort to attend. The accounts are posted on the notice board. There will be the usual FREE DRINK for those attending the meeting.
- Discounted Evening Car Parking tickets will soon available to members for use in the adjacent council car park. Please collect one from the bar before you park.
- There will be a FREE GLASS OF PROSECCO for all the ladies on the Music Night next Friday (see below).
WHAT’S ON: Dates for your Diary: Unless stated otherwise, most events begin about 8.30
Next Friday 29th April – vocalist Joni Madelaine. Thursday 5th May – Quiz, hosted by Rob Vashak. Lucky 7 Jackpot £190.
Member to member area:
Members’ Businesses and Services: fee £50 per annum
- Antique clocks, furniture and miscellaneous items for sale. POA. 01522 543167 / 07860 679495.
- Estate & Letting Agent Derri Coppin 01522 382 382
- Stairlifts, Lifts & Ramps -free survey unbeatable service. Contact Lee Ogden on 01427 787532.
Members’ Items for Sale: fee £5 until sold:
- Sovereign Shoprider 4 mobility scooter. Little used. Battery may need attention as the scooter has been in storage for several years although kept fully charged.
£250 ONO. Tel: 01522 888671 or 97815674262
To advertise here please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make all your Dining bookings for Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays directly with Gordon and Tracy on 702144, or email@example.com (you may continue to book over the bar or on 525791 but direct contact with Gordon and Tracy is preferred.)
Sunday menu: Starter – soup of the day or pate £3. Main course – pork or beef with roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and seasonal vegetables £6. Dessert course – please ask as this changes per season winter or summer £3.
Wednesday & Friday menu: Starter – farmhouse pâté or soup £3. Main course – Fish and Chips (Friday only), scampi, homemade pie chips and peas, gammon steak chips and peas £6. Rib eye or sirloin steak, chips, peas £8 (please pre-order steak and fish the day before). Castle Hill Club Mixed Grill 4oz Ribeye, 4oz Gammon, 2 sausages, 2 eggs, black pudding, served with chips, mushrooms and tomatoes £9.50. Specials are available please ask on the night.
- There are 28-day passes available, located on the shelf below the notice board near the TV. If you know someone who would like one just fill in the details on the pass itself and its stub.
- Opening times: Weekdays – 12.00 to 15.00 / 17.30 to 23.00
Saturdays and Sundays-12.00 to 23.00 – Christmas Day: 11.00 to 14.00
We may extend to 2.00 a.m. on special occasions and please feel free to use the club for business meetings and interest group meetings as well as the usual family events. Catering available on request. Simply make arrangements with Laurence.
GUEST ALES “Black Bishop” (4.1) sponsored by Peter McNeill. If you wish to sponsor an ale of your choice please speak to Laurence.
This week’s offerings:
From the Uxbridge English Dictionary:
Winnebago…….a horse with a bad back.
It’s St George’s Day and a hooded armed robber bursts into Lloyds Bank on the Bail and forces the cashier to stuff a shed-load of cash into his sack. As the robber goes to leave, one very brave customer grabs the robber’s hood and pulls it down, revealing his face.
Without hesitation the robber shoots the man stone dead. He then looks around the bank to see if anyone else has seen him. The cashier is looking straight at him and so he walks over and calmly shoots her dead too.
Everyone by now is very scared and looking down at the floor.
“Did anyone else see my face?” screams the robber.
After a few moments of silence and extreme tension all round, one elderly gentleman from Castle Hill Club, looking down at the floor, tentatively raises his hand and says, “I think my wife, standing here right next to me, may have caught a glimpse.”