Work is underway to carry out essential repairs to the club’s windows and sills. Decorating will follow. It’s business as usual but with apologies for any inconvenience.
WHAT’S ON: Dates for your Diary: Unless stated otherwise, most events begin about 8.30
Dining bookings see below, under the “Regular Notices” section.
Saturday 25th June – Forward Line – BBQ
Thursday 7th July – Quiz – Buffet
Member to member area:
Members’ Businesses and Services: fee £50 per annum
- Antique clocks, furniture and miscellaneous items for sale. POA. 01522 543167 / 07860 679495.
- Estate & Letting Agent Derri Coppin 01522 382 382
- Stairlifts, Lifts & Ramps -free survey unbeatable service. Contact Lee Ogden on 01427 787532.
Members’ Items for Sale: fee £5 until sold:
- Sovereign Shoprider 4 mobility scooter. Little used. Battery may need attention as the scooter has been in storage for several years although kept fully charged.
£250 ONO. Tel: 01522 888671 or 97815674262
To advertise here please email: email@example.com
- Please make all your Dining bookings for Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays directly with Gordon and Tracy on 702144, or firstname.lastname@example.org (you may continue to book over the bar or on 525791 but direct contact with Gordon and Tracy is preferred.)
Sunday menu: Starter – soup of the day or pate £3. Main course – pork or beef with roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and seasonal vegetables £6. Dessert course – please ask as this changes per season winter or summer £3.
Wednesday & Friday menu: Starter – farmhouse pâté or soup £3. Main course – Fish and Chips, Scampi, Homemade pie chips and peas, Gammon steak chips and peas £6. Rib eye or sirloin steak, chips, peas £8 (please pre-order steak and fish the day before). Castle Hill Club Mixed Grill 4oz Ribeye, 4oz Gammon, 2 sausages, 2 eggs, black pudding, served with chips, mushrooms and tomatoes £9.50. Specials are available please ask on the night.
- There are 28-day passes available, located on the shelf below the notice board near the TV. If you know someone who would like one just fill in the details on the pass itself and its stub.
- Opening times: Weekdays – 12.00 to 15.00 / 17.30 to 23.00
Saturdays and Sundays-12.00 to 23.00 – Christmas Day: 11.00 to 14.00
We may extend to 2.00 a.m. on special occasions and please feel free to use the club for business meetings and interest group meetings as well as the usual family events. Catering available on request. Simply make arrangements with Laurence.
- Discounted Evening Car Parking tickets are available to members for use in the adjacent council car park. Please collect one from the bar before you park.
GUEST ALES “Little Willie” (abv 4.5) sponsored by Mike Clay and “London Pride” (4.1) sponsored by Paul Watson. If you wish to sponsor an ale of your choice please speak to Laurence.
This week’s offerings:
From the Uxbridge English Dictionary:
Claimant………..….an ant who’s had an accident at work.
Cocker spaniel…….at your peril.
The only cow in a small village in Tuscany stops giving milk, so the villagers buy one from Sicily for only 100 euros.
Because the cow is such a wonderful milker, they buy a bull to mate with the cow to produce more cows like her.
However, whenever the bull goes near the cow, the cow moves away. If he approaches from behind, she moves forward. If he approaches from the side she quickly moves away.
The villagers are upset and decide to talk to the village sage.
They tell him what’s happening: “Whenever the bull approaches our cow, she moves away. If he approaches from behind, she moves forward and if he approaches from the side she quickly moves to the side.”
The sage thinks about this for a minute and asks, “You didn’t buy this cow from Sicily by any chance did you?”
The people are dumbfounded. “Yes,” they say. “How on earth did you know that?”
The sage replies, with a heavy heart, “My wife is from Sicily.”